• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Madcow Rocketry - Where's the G12 airframe material?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnly

Reaction score
I need to order some 6" fiberglass airframe and I've always shopped at Madcow as they were West Coast local.
When I checked today, there is nothing to be had and the fiberglass tubing isn't even listed on the website.
Where is the new go to place for 6" fiberglass airframe? Are there color options like Madcow offered?

Wildman closed for 2 weeks, no new glass will be sold. As per his email yesterday.

To clarify - Wildman had something come up (no idea what it is - I've seen the same email as everyone else) and had to shut down fiberglass-related operations for two weeks. Everything else is up and running.

I speculate a piece of equipment failed, and they're waiting on delivery of the new equipment.

-Kevin

I am not advocating taking business away from MadCow (I understand your local connection to them), but, if you need FG parts and they do not have what you need in stock, they get all their parts from Wildman, so you could get your parts from the source:

https://wildmanrocketry.com/collections/fiberglass-1

Likely that MC blocked out that page at the request of WM due to the reported production facility issues to prevent a build up of backorders until WM is back up and running again.

In any case, Wildman's email said that unless you ALREADY have an order in house it will not ship for 2 weeks.

Hi Folks
Yes we talked with Madcow about the shutdown ,otherwise everyone would have just ordered through them and they would look bad.
It’s no secret we have supply issues right now , we have been playing wac a mole with shortages for a couple months and are trying to get in front of it.
Thank you for your patience ( it will get better)

Hi Folks
Yes we talked with Madcow about the shutdown ,otherwise everyone would have just ordered through them and they would look bad.
It’s no secret we have supply issues right now , we have been playing wac a mole with shortages for a couple months and are trying to get in front of it.
Thank you for your patience ( it will get better)
Righteous move on both of your parts, and this clear and timely communication is why the rocket community appreciates you both so much!

I need to order some 6" fiberglass airframe and I've always shopped at Madcow as they were West Coast local.
When I checked today, there is nothing to be had and the fiberglass tubing isn't even listed on the website.
Where is the new go to place for 6" fiberglass airframe? Are there color options like Madcow offered?
Try Hawk Mountain

Try Hawk Mountain
Wow, that’s a blast from the past! The Ozark ARTS 2 is still listed for sale. Suppliers listed include Pratt Hobbies and Scott Glass, both long gone. The last date on the website is 2007.

It’s a Time Machine.

Tony.

Wow, that’s a blast from the past! The Ozark ARTS 2 is still listed for sale. Suppliers listed include Pratt Hobbies and Scott Glass, both long gone. The last date on the website is 2007.

It’s a Time Machine.

Tony.
Pratt Hobbies is still around but only offering a few products. I miss Doug Pratt and he was a lot of fun at launches.

Regarding fiberglass. I emailed Hawk Mountain a year or two ago and they said they only offered some components. They might be completely shut now but it is worth trying to reach out to them if you just need some tubing. Likewise Ken Allen may have some as well. Note the various manufacturers of fiberglass are slightly different and it is a good idea to double check on the specifics before ordering.

Good Luck!

Wow. I hadn't really though about how expensive that stuff is. OTOH, once you think about how much goes into it, and how much other things cost, it's not so out of line. Still, my immediate thought it DIY. Would probably take a BUNCH of hours, though.

Pratt Hobbies is still around but only offering a few products. I miss Doug Pratt and he was a lot of fun at launches.

Regarding fiberglass. I emailed Hawk Mountain a year or two ago and they said they only offered some components. They might be completely shut now but it is worth trying to reach out to them if you just need some tubing. Likewise Ken Allen may have some as well. Note the various manufacturers of fiberglass are slightly different and it is a good idea to double check on the specifics before ordering.

Good Luck!
I had an email conversation 6 weeks ago re:6" tubing and coupler tubing. The coupler tubing was in stock but they were waiting for the AF tubing which should be available now.

Good Luck!
Ken Allen =Performance Hobbies

Back