Look what I found! Sweet space antiques!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusSRG

Reaction score
So other than rocketry, my interests vary greatly. And thanks to American Pickers, the whole antique/picking thing has grabbed my interest.

Today my fiancee and I are headed home from Nags Head, NC, where we spent a weekend trying out catering and cakes for our wedding...can't complain! But today, on our way home, we planned to stop at The Weeping Raddish farm/brewery for lunch and beers and as we were driving we found this AWESOME antique shop:
image.jpg

Woah. They had everything...I asked if they had any space related stuff. The guy took me to a case and showed me this:
image.jpgimage.jpg

This is a rocks/shot glass combo made in the likeness of the Apollo SM that was special made for Neil Armstrong's homecoming in his hometown of Wapakoneta, OH after he returned from his Apollo 11 flight! What a find! And a clever combo -- a rocks glass for the SM body and a shot glass in he engine bell when you flip it over! Not very "PC" for today's standards!

And to top it all off, amongst myriad other intriguing items he had a collection of postcards from the Cape during the late 50's... I wanted them all but they were all priced at $5 or more. I nabbed these Atlas cards (including Big Joe I!) and a cool shot aerial shot of the pads. I regretfully left behind a Thor, Redstone, Pershing and Minuteman postcard. Next time!
image.jpg

Last edited:
I love watching those shows ,American pickers,Canadian pickers ,Antiques Roadshow (both British and American versions) and as well watching my complete DVD collection of Lovejoy !

Nice find !

Paul T

I have a set of 4 of those Apollo glasses in my kitchen. I believe they were given out at Marathon gas stations.

I have a set of 4 of those Apollo glasses in my kitchen. I believe they were given out at Marathon gas stations.

Interesting. Do they have 'Neil Armstrong Homecoming, Wapakoneta, OH, Sept 6, 1969" on them?

Back