I painted my tarc rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeketrimmer

Reaction score
Bottom is high visibility neon orange so it is easy to spot in the field, then I did a coat of polyurethane clear coat

Attachments

• 20240510_230149.jpg
    20240510_230149.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240510_201621.jpg
    20240510_201621.jpg
    910 KB · Views: 0
I've been using Florescent Orange since I was 14-15, The EnerJet Colors. It's easy to spot. Put it on Parachute and Altitude Competition rockets with just a lite wisp coating to keep weight down; easy to spot in the sky. I still use it on many of my Sport and HPR rockets to this day.

In the ARC competition that really is not Necessary to be so worried about the weight as it is on a B motor parachute duration rocket.

Yes you need to clear coat it so it does not pickup dirt and smudges.

I've been using Florescent Orange since I was 14-15, The EnerJet Colors. It's easy to spot. Put it on Parachute and Altitude Competition rockets with just a lite wisp coating to keep weight down; easy to spot in the sky. I still use it on many of my Sport and HPR rockets to this day.

In the ARC competition that really is not Necessary to be so worried about the weight as it is on a B motor parachute duration rocket.
It helps though, we launched our battle of the rockets altitude rockets (900ft target altitude) and spent hours looking for them (launch area is in Culpeper VA, roughly 30 min. From tarc nationals) the grass can be quite tall, and who knows what the wind will be, i just had the thought to use neon orange just to aid it, it also helps that we are using a perfectflite pnut altimeter that beeps, making rocket localization easier

It helps though, we launched our battle of the rockets altitude rockets (900ft target altitude) and spent hours looking for them (launch area is in Culpeper VA, roughly 30 min. From tarc nationals) the grass can be quite tall, and who knows what the wind will be, i just had the thought to use neon orange just to aid it, it also helps that we are using a perfectflite pnut altimeter that beeps, making rocket localization

It helps though, we launched our battle of the rockets altitude rockets (900ft target altitude) and spent hours looking for them (launch area is in Culpeper VA, roughly 30 min. From tarc nationals) the grass can be quite tall, and who knows what the wind will be, i just had the thought to use neon orange just to aid it, it also helps that we are using a perfectflite pnut altimeter that beeps, making rocket localization easier

Yep, you can see the Florescent Orange in my Avatar even.

Nice! One TARC team I saw didn't paint their rockets at all and the one that Cruise Missled 15 feet away from us didn't even have one of the fins glued on. I was a bit dissapointed at the guy running the Team and think they should not use any motors bigger than a D-12.

Nice! One TARC team I saw didn't paint their rockets at all and the one that Cruise Missled 15 feet away from us didn't even have one of the fins glued on. I was a bit dissapointed at the guy running the Team and think they should not use any motors bigger than a D-12.
Didn't know d motors could even get to 800 feet

They can in a smaller rocket.
True, but how small can a regulation tarc rocket get?

Because the motor i use for tarc is bordering high power (cti 68F79-13A) and with a pad mass of 638g, we got 852 feet, and before adding mass, it weighed 516 grams and went 951 feet

Last edited:
Wow that's one of the heavest ARC rockets I have ever seen.

My teams rocket is around 325 grams and flys with a E30.

I am certain that without custom parts and advanced techniques you can't reach the ARC altitude with a legal rocket and a D motor.

It would be a fun challenge but the rocket would need to weigh less that 200 grams.

Wow that's one of the heavest ARC rockets I have ever seen.

My teams rocket is around 325 grams and flys with a E30.

I am certain that without custom parts and advanced techniques you can't reach the ARC altitude with a legal rocket and a D motor.

It would be a fun challenge but the rocket would need to weigh less that 200 grams.
We added 100g fter our rocket went 950 feet

Yes you need to clear coat it so it does not pickup dirt and smudges.
We use F motors for tarc

Back