Honey Bee MMX Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An Ollie-OOP MMX kit, on the launcher they sell. Launcher is great— it slides for different rocket widths. Your rocket sits on the igniter. View attachment 615494

The R3 Honeybee and that adapter are Rocketship Games products, I bought a pair, built one in yellow the other in green and the adapter. Absolutely a fun build and great flyer - as long as the MMX motor lights reliably!

Rocketship Games proprietor Joe Kopena, forum name tjkopena, posts here on TRF occasionally, his website is https://rocketshipgames.com/.

I just built mine! Really well thought out kit! I can't paint it yet (I don't know of a good way to paint and leave something to dry in my current living situation), but I was really impressed with it. Wasn't sure if I should tape the nose to make it more snug, it's kinda loose. Dunno how powerful mmx ejection charges are.

This was my first MMX kit.

2024-06-27 20.19.03.jpg

The nosecone shoulder is short on this kit. I did put a small piece of 1/4” 3M green tape on the shoulder for a snug fit. These nosecones are printed in-house on a resin printer, I believe. Very smooth right out of the package, and no seams.

Once he gets the MMX launchers back in stock, be sure to buy one (or two). He has a great launcher. Base slides to fit different rocket sizes and the igniter sits on the base. Makes it easy to fly MMX rockets.

Once he gets the MMX launchers back in stock, be sure to buy one (or two). He has a great launcher. Base slides to fit different rocket sizes and the igniter sits on the base. Makes it easy to fly MMX rockets.
Already got the erockets one :) I have a bunch of the semroc kits, all but one of the rocketship games kits (the one with the five fins and the dabbing unicorn! The completionist in me wants it), and several ASP kits.

Glad you like it, @DocSeuss!

The nosecone is a little loose. The thinking was that it was better to add a bit of tape than to sand resin, but it could be tighter and not need either. Next time I make a large batch it'll be a bit more snug and longer.

Alice's Star Rockets, launchers, and more coming in August---I'll be out of town for July.

Already got the erockets one :) I have a bunch of the semroc kits, all but one of the rocketship games kits (the one with the five fins and the dabbing unicorn! The completionist in me wants it), and several ASP kits.
I have an eRockets launcher base as well, but still prefer the RocketShip Games version. I think I have 1 of all ASP kits, 2 of every Semroc kit, 2 of every Fliskits MMX kit, several of Ollie-OOP Rockets MMX Red Max and Goblin kits, at least 2 of all available RocketShip Games kits and at least one of all the New Way Rocketry MMX kits. My little build box is full. I don’t plan to run out of kits for some time :). Starting to look at classic kits that might be fun to downscale. Got my eye on the Laser-X. If I can make the transition, I can do it. Also, a Wac Bumper V-2, using the Balsa Machining BT-20 nose and tail cones (I notice he doubled the price on them so they are more expensive than larger V-2 cones. Ouch). Just trying to expand the borders of MMX where possible.

Back