• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold FULL Scale AMRAAM - 7" diameter - 12 feet tall - PICKUP Only

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshmel

Reaction score
$345

I will be selling my full scale fiberglass AMRAAM for pickup at Argonia, KS in October or November. I purchased it built, with one flight. One fin had broken off on it's inaugural flight/landing. I had Wildman make a replacement fin. I have a new decal set from Stickershock23 (I had planned to repaint it after replacing the fin).

This is not something that I want to ship - so it is for pickup only. I attend KloudBuster launches and can bring it to any Argonia launch. I may be going to MWP next month as well, maybe. If you want to pick it up in Princeton, IL - then I can bring it in my trailer.

It has a 98mm motor mount with Aero Pack retainer (no ring). I can only attach 10 photos, but I have more for anyone interested. PM me.

No electronics, no sled, and no recovery gear - just the parts shown in the photos. The lower fins are TTW with the conventional root edge attachment to the MMT. The upper fins are also TTW with their root edges attaching to an internal tube. This makes for a very sturdy assembly

Here are the parts:

Lower booster section with 8 fins - 86" long (tall) - 525 ounces
Upper body (payload) section - 39.5" long - 99.5 ounces
Nosecone - 19" tall - 90 ounces (FG nosecone, aluminum tip, coupler tube and bulkhead)
Ebay coupler - 14" long with 2" switch band - 78.5 ounces (coupler, bulkheads and all threads)

1-AMRAAM at Pad.jpg2-AMRAAM Unfinished 2..jpg3-Lower Section 2.jpg4.jpg7-Upper Fin Span.jpg8-Lower Fin Height.jpg9-Lower Fin Span.jpg10-Diameter.jpg18.jpg13.jpg

Last edited:
I received some questions on the construction of the rocket. You can extrapolate the components and how the rocket is constructed by looking at the progress photo previously attached and noting the location of where the Proline 4500 epoxy was used. However, I have attached a 3D rendering from OpenRocket to this post to help you visualize how this is put together (I deleted the ebay and upper section of the rocket for clarity), and can provide the following additional details.

The 98mm motor mount tube is 24" long. There is no shock cord anchor, so you would use an eyebolt screwed into the front closure of the motor.

The bottom section of the rocket consists of two 7" FG tubes connected with a coupler (as shown in fuchsia). The lower tube is 48" long, which makes sense since that is a common length due to shipping. The original kit was from Rocketry Warehouse.

Fins are 3/16" G12

The inside tube at the upper fin section (which the upper fins are rooted to) is a 98mm motor mount tube - it is 14" long.

20201002_112551.jpg

The dry weight without any recover gear is about 50 pounds. With recovery, it would be about 60 pounds, depending on what you use. This would be a great bird to use the O5280X in. Just sayin

AMRAAM 3D 2.JPG

Back