Frustrated by Aerotech missing o-ring - couldn't do my L1 cert flight today.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of us old enough remember Heathkit. A friend was assembling an oscilloscope. When he wasn't looking, I added a couple extra resistors to the parts pile.

Hans.
My 9 year old is upstairs soldering together a little line following robot right now. It's one of his first projects so it's not time to start playing tricks like that on him yet, but that day is coming!

Basically, look to see how many spacers you can use and determine what all cases you need to get in order to cover the full line. You can use those same spacers in a 240 case to get the 180 loads, or in a 180 case to get the 120 loads. So, with 2 cases and the RAS, you should be able to fly any 29mm load you want (for the HPR style cases, not the 29/40-120 loads.
That's what I thought when I bought the 360 and the RAS but if I understand correctly, the 360 plus the three spacers doesnt allow you to run the 180 motors.

Basically, look to see how many spacers you can use and determine what all cases you need to get in order to cover the full line. You can use those same spacers in a 240 case to get the 180 loads, or in a 180 case to get the 120 loads. So, with 2 cases and the RAS, you should be able to fly any 29mm load you want (for the HPR style cases, not the 29/40-120 loads.
With two cases you can fly most of the HPR style 29mm reloads. The 29/100 case is a weird intermediate size that you can't get to with spacers.

Unfortunately, Aerotech has a bunch of these weird edge cases, like the J99 is a 54/852 reload, but it requires the special rear closure that is otherwise only ever used for 54/426 motors.

That's what I thought when I bought the 360 and the RAS but if I understand correctly, the 360 plus the three spacers doesnt allow you to run the 180 motors.
And you wouldn't be able to get to the G reloads in the 120 case. Which is why I would recommend just getting the 360 motor and the 180 case if you want to fly all of those. I can't remember how the spacers work in the 29mm stuff - I bought my 29 and 38mm stuff long before the spacers existed...lol

Back