• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Dr. Rockets 38/29 Cleaning Closure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DabCat

Reaction score
Looking for a Dr. Rocket cleaning closure. Please send me a PM if you've got one collecting dust that you wouldn't mind offloading.
1692603104351.png

I hope you don't mind the discussion on your wanted thread, but what is the function of the cleaning closure? I tried searching, but the search hits are dominated by results for just the regular closures and how to clean cases, nothing I could find about the cleaning closure.

I might be misunderstanding how these work, but couldn't you do the same thing with 2 plugged forward closures?
Yes. It's certainly an odd product in my view, but still a cool closure. I want one because I think it's cool, and I do plan to use it as intended for old times sake and to document it. It's not as efficient as my current cleaning method, but it's a fun idea. It's a novelty, and in my opinion, that's what makes rocketry fun.

Yes. It's certainly an odd product in my view, but still a cool closure. I want one because I think it's cool, and I do plan to use it as intended for old times sake and to document it. It's not as efficient as my current cleaning method, but it's a fun idea.
I agree it's an interesting concept and a cool little tool. I hope you do find one. I'll be curious to see how it works.

I might be misunderstanding how these work, but couldn't you do the same thing with 2 plugged forward closures?
Cleaning threads in motor cases is definitely a good idea after each flight.
I accomplish that with a tooth brush and some household cleaning products.

YMMV,
a

Cleaning threads in motor cases is definitely a good idea after each flight.
I accomplish that with a tooth brush and some household cleaning products.

YMMV,
a
Definitely! Old toothbrush works great for the threads. But I don't think these have anything to do with cleaning the threads? They just seal the casing so you can shake lead shot and cleaner inside to break up carbon build-up.

Back