Dr. Rocket Case History

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimson Flames

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently got the below case as part of a batch of motors. I'm hoping that someone here might be able to tell me a little about the history of this case? Other than some handling marks, the case is in extremely good shape inside and out. Case writing may be hard to read in the pic, so I'll post the details. It is a silver/clear anodized Dr. Rocket 75/6400 with a date of 11/98. Serial number reads Test Piece 001

Attachments

• 20240627_180158.jpg
    20240627_180158.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I recently got the below case as part of a batch of motors. I'm hoping that someone here might be able to tell me a little about the history of this case? Other than some handling marks, the case is in extremely good shape inside and out. Case writing may be hard to read in the pic, so I'll post the details. It is a silver/clear anodized Dr. Rocket 75/6400 with a date of 11/98. Serial number reads Test Piece 001
Looks like you have the prototype / 1st run case.

That's what I'm guessing, but I'm hoping that someone who was on the motor testing team at the time, or someone who worked on it, or with it, might be able to give me some interesting trivia about it.

That would be the good Dr himself or the machinist. TMT wouldn't have anything to do with the case ( that I'm aware of in terms of QC ) but it's cool.

Dibs if you wanna sell for the cool factor.

Back