BT-50BB nosecone based Estes Black Hole Space Probe (1350)/(1426)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going to build it... but knowing what nosecone it uses, I have suspicions on someone who might be interested.

image-img6084jpg-300-400-083314043821225.jpg

Photo Credit: S & N Heider

Seen on page 34 of the 1980 Estes Catalog, we see the Black Hole Space Space Probe as kit No. 1350, and the ill-fated Cygnus Probe Ship (1351).

I remember reading Mike Dorffler's account about Estes' problems with Disney, and how after getting the Cygnus Probe Ship kitted. They were ready to send them out the door, but at the last moment Disney didn't like it. So IIRC, Estes had a bonfire and destroyed them. I don't know if any plans, or built prototypes survived.

When the Black Hole Space Probe was released, there was apparently a change to the kit number and the plans I've found on plans.rocketshoppe.com indicate that it was released as No. 1426.

Share and Enjoy! :wink:
Jim

Last edited:
BTW... Does anybody think the new (Disney) Star Wars Droid (BB-8) look a lot like the old Disney Black Hole Robot (V.I.N.C.E.N.T.)?

16-bb8-starwars.w529.h352.2x.jpg

vincent.jpg

Last edited:
Back