AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those didn’t sell well. That case needs a high burn rate propellant to be useful, hence the K750ST. We could try Blue Thunder in that case.

So, I know ya'll are busy, and I applaud the many new certified motors... but any chance of getting a 98mm super thunder in the 98/2560 case? The K1999 is an awesome motor, but a little 'hot' for my purposes... the other 98/2560 motors are now seasonal, and money is often tight right after the holidays.

LOLz. And here I am still strongly looking to justify the 2 grain 98mm case so I can use those new 98mm Warp 9 grains in an EX motor. That would be VIOLENT in the most amazing way!

I wish RCS would make a 98mm 2 and 4 grain DMS setup. I really want to burn some unique motors and would rather not worry about the case being single use.

LOLz. And here I am still strongly looking to justify the 2 grain 98mm case so I can use those new 98mm Warp 9 grains in an EX motor. That would be VIOLENT in the most amazing way!
Last year, clearing out my storage, found a leftover K1999, probably 14 years old. Couldn't give it away. It's too much poop for nearly all our hobby construction. I flew several in my Mongoose 98, wanted short field recovery.

BTW, fly with a baro altimeter, because an accel altimeter won't trigger on the short burn. It'll just think you dropped the rocket or something.

Last year, clearing out my storage, found a leftover K1999, probably 14 years old. Couldn't give it away. It's too much poop for nearly all our hobby construction. I flew several in my Mongoose 98, wanted short field recovery.

BTW, fly with a baro altimeter, because an accel altimeter won't trigger on the short burn. It'll just think you dropped the rocket or something.

Bring it to LDRS and I'll give you a C note for it

I wish RCS would make a 98mm 2 and 4 grain DMS setup. I really want to burn some unique motors and would rather not worry about the case being single use.

strongly recommend going snap-ring. if you are serious about EX this is the way to go. need to be careful when looking at nozzles as graphite nozzles used in snap-ring motors behave differently than the single use AT nozzles.

as for cost, "inexpensive" and "98mm motors" rarely collide in the same sentence.

strongly recommend going snap-ring. if you are serious about EX this is the way to go. need to be careful when looking at nozzles as graphite nozzles used in snap-ring motors behave differently than the single use AT nozzles.

as for cost, "inexpensive" and "98mm motors" rarely collide in the same sentence.

I sold all my big 98 / 100 mm snap ring stuff years ago. Dr. Jeff Taylor and Darren Wright said almost the same during a EX class in 2000 I took with them. Holds even more true today (cost). Though I can count on one hand the number of 4 inch loads I've burned in the last 15 years. To me, I personally would rather spend a few bucks every year or two for a specific motor that may not work.

@3stoogesrocketry you sold your hardware?! oh no!

Sure there are cases (like tools in my tool box) that I don't use much, but there are those times when you need them and darn your happy you have that odd socket extension, short set of flush cuts, or 98mm two grain case : - ))

Latest posts

Back