AeroTech Announces Three New DMS High Power Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroTech

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
AeroTech Information Release

12/5/2013

AeroTech Announces Three New DMS High Power Motors

AeroTech is pleased to announce three additional offerings in its DMS Disposable Motor System line of adjustable delay and ejection single-use motors.

IMG_5345.jpg

The G125T is a reissue of a popular legacy AeroTech motor that has not been produced for over a decade. The new DMS version features AeroTech's one-piece molded case & nozzle design and the adjustable delay feature common to all DMS motors.

G125T-14A Thrust Curve.jpg

G125T-14A
Diameter: 1.125" (29mm)
Length: 4.88"
Propellant: Blue Thunder
Total impulse: 128 N-sec (28.8 lb-sec)
Burn time: 0.95 sec
Peak thrust: 36 lbs (160 N)
Delay time: 14 sec max (adjustable)
Propellant wt.: 59.6 grams (2.1 oz.)
Loaded wt.: 125 grams (4.4 oz.)

The H115DM is the first 29mm Metalstorm Dark Matter "sparky" propellant DMS release.

H115DM-14A Thrust Curve.jpg

H115DM-14A
Diameter: 1.125" (29mm)
Length: 8.00"
Propellant: Metalstorm Dark Matter
Total impulse: 172 N-sec (38.7 lb-sec)
Burn time: 1.5 sec
Peak thrust: 28 lbs (126 N)
Propellant wt.: 113 grams (4.0 oz.)
Loaded wt.: 205 grams (7.2 oz.)

And the 38mm I500T is a high thrust, short burn nearly full impulse "I" class DMS motor that is perfect for lifting heavy rockets, or as a booster for multi stage designs.

I500T-14A Thrust Curve.jpg

I500T-14A
Diameter: 1.500" (38mm)
Length: 14.03"
Propellant: Blue Thunder
Total impulse: 620 N-sec (139 lb-sec)
Burn time: 1.24 sec
Peak thrust: 138 lbs (613 N)
Propellant wt.: 312 grams (11.0 oz.)
Loaded wt.: 576 grams (20.3 oz.)

The H115DM and I500T feature a filament-wound fiberglass casing, a glass-reinforced composite phenolic nozzle, and a molded plastic bulkhead. All DMS motors ship with a FirstFire or FirstFire Jr. igniter and an integral thrust ring. Thrust rings on DMS motors are designed to fit standard motor retainers.

All the new motors are TRA certified and can be purchased by flyers possessing an appropriate NAR or TRA user certification. They are competitively priced at $19.99 for the G125T, $29.99 for the H115DM and $54.99 for the I500T.

The time delay of DMS motors may be shortened using AeroTech's Universal Delay Drilling Tool, which is being provided free of charge to each customer who purchases one or more DMS motors (one free tool to a customer, please).

Motor performance data including a sample time-thrust curve are printed on the motor label.

DMS motors are packaged in a distinctive yellow shipping tube with AeroTech logos printed on the outer spiral wrapping, and the same motor label applied to the outside of the tube for easy identification and performance evaluation by the flyer. Caps on the ends of the tube are applied externally and are easy to remove.

DMS motors are different from previous and existing reloadable and single-use motors in the following important ways:

* No hardware to buy, load, clean or lose
* High strength, light weight molded phenolic or filament-wound fiberglass casing
* User adjustable time delays in 2-second increments
* User adjustable ejection charge
* High reliability due to less potential for user error while retaining superior customer adjustability
* Low cost

Additional DMS motors are under development including a series in 54mm diameter. DMS motors are perfect for Level 1 & 2 certifications and for general sport flying.

The DMS motor design and the Universal Delay Drilling Tool are patent pending.

AeroTech`s DMS line ushers in a new era of ease of use, low cost and spectacular performance to the modern hobby rocketry market.

"DMS- When you just want to fly!"

Instructions are now available for download in PDF format from the Resource Library on the AeroTech website.

Last edited:
Back