3D Printing 24mm to 29mm adaptor?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huxter

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've searched Thingiverse, Printables, and here on TRF. I see @BigDaddy has a 29mm to 38mm adapter, but cannot find an adapter to put BP 24mm engines in a (@frogglicker Extreme rocket) 29mm engine mount for the first few flights. I would also like the opportunity to launch the rocket in smaller parks.

If not, I'll try adjusting @BigDaddy's adapter - thank you for that adapter!

I've searched Thingiverse, Printables, and here on TRF. I see @BigDaddy has a 29mm to 38mm adapter, but cannot find an adapter to put BP 24mm engines in a (@frogglicker Extreme rocket) 29mm engine mount for the first few flights. I would also like the opportunity to launch the rocket in smaller parks.

If not, I'll try adjusting @BigDaddy's adapter - thank you for that adapter!
I'll find the model and ping you

not sure if this helps but...

Disposable (yes you can use them many times but cheep enough you can give them away) motor adapter 24 - 29

P.S. I also have a 29-38 version

Attachments

• side view with tape.png
    side view with tape.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 24-28 adapt 220311B.stp
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 24-28 adapt 220311B.stl
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I might be able to help. I have them for both D-size motors and Es from estes. .

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 3.47.36 PM.png

Well, now I see the 24mm to 29mm adapter on Thingiverse! I did search for "24mm 29mm" and "24 mm 29 mm" on that site?

Thank you everyone - I will post pics of the completed rockets. I like thrust rings and am waiting for 29mm rings. I'll try David's adapter first. These will not be painted much!

edit: David's will not work w BP Estes 24mm motors. Kramer714, I'd rather not use tape.

Chuck, what do you have for 24 to 29mm adapter for Estes engines - please and thank you?!

Well, now I see the 24mm to 29mm adapter on Thingiverse! I did search for "24mm 29mm" and "24 mm 29 mm" on that site?

Thank you everyone - I will post pics of the completed rockets. I like thrust rings and am waiting for 29mm rings. I'll try David's adapter first. These will not be painted much!

edit: David's will not work w BP Estes 24mm motors. Kramer714, I'd rather not use tape.

Chuck, what do you have for 24 to 29mm adapter for Estes engines - please and thank you?!
I will post it tomorrow night on all threads. I have tested it and it works.

I need to learn how to go to the Library and do a print
I have to do one more print to finish my upload. It will tonight and I will have these on printable. I printed the wrong file last night.

the reason these use tape is to make them easy to use with any retainer, the tape retains the motor into the adapter, then the adapter can use an aeropak, sheet metal, snap ring, or mirror clips for the 29mm. The tape only resists the ejection charge, the thrust is transferred directly to the adapter. IF the retainer captures the smaller 24mm aft closure you dont need tape. Most of them dont.

For shorter motors just use the flanged piece, for longer motors the straight piece can be added if you need it, and if the 29mm motor tube in the rocket is long enough

Some adapters don't play nice with some of the 29mm retainers out there.

Last edited:
I have one final print tonight. I have not tested them with all retainers but will start testing at the next launch. I am eager for others to test them share suggestions for changes.

Back