Centuri - Mach 10 Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
One of my top 10 favorite models of all times:D. I know at least 5 of my friends have them, so lets see them!

Mach10RC.jpg

Mach10RCMA.jpg

mach102.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine.

P4291225.JPG

P4291228.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my Mach-10, with about 3 flights and still trying to get it trimmed for a decent flight... Decals are a combination of ALPS and Inkjet. Red and White stripes were cut from painted decal paper.

Mach-10.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

Last one I flew was back in the early 70's. It's on my list of micro down-scales just haven't gotten around to it.
There is a rocket that Micro as not micronized yet.HOLLY MOLLY:y::y:
Thought I would never see the day:rolleyes:

You guys with the silver ones have gotten to me... The one I'm working on now will be silver... Much like Dan's! Here's another one of mine thanks to the talented camera work of Foose4string. (The picture is actually rotated a bit... It did not really eject in level flight)

Mach 104.jpg

#1 is Mr. MACH-10 with the 4" RC version

#2 is my clone at normal size sunbathing with the no so famous "Red Wulf"

#3 is the MIG-43 made from 3" main tube. Flys on D12's & E9's :D

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

It would be interesting to see a flight with the camera pointing forward, especially if it is a glider flight.

My favorite part is the boost... If it was pointed forwards it would be a lot of sky. The glide down would be neat but there would be no fire and smoke :D. Here is a picture of the smaller, BT-80 based RC one that I just finished.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I finished my Mach 10 last night. Scratch built from plans at the olde rocketry site. (Nose cone was still wet red paint) Now just to adjust the trim and try it out!.mach 10 007.jpg

Here is my rc version of the mach 10, uses aerotech E-6 rc reloads, uses depron 6mm sheets for the structure/wings and a 3.9" tube for the fuse shell. I don't drop any balast as it is not needed with this design. Weighs about 12 oz rtf.

mach10.jpg.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to the Centuri - Mach 10 (KA-4 or #5004) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - Mach 10 (KA-4 or #5004) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Mach 10: KA-4 or #5004

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Mach 10 (KA-4 or #5004) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

Mach 10

KA-4 or #5004

Introduced: 1971
Final Year: 1979
Designer: Larry Brown

Type: Rocket Glider
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Streamer/Glide
Stages: 1
Length: 12"
Diameter: 1.64"
Span: 11"
Weight: 1.85 oz

Mfg. Description: The MACH 10 screams skyward at speeds better than 100 m.p.h. Pealing off at peak altitude, the MACH 10 ejects a target marker (with streamer), then after a couple of loops, settles into a circular glide path earthward. Making a "wheels up" landing, the MACH 10 skids gently to a stop on its belly tank.

Great for neighborhood contests! In a "MACH 10 Competition", you can see who can drop the target marker closest to a prescribed ground target, you can compete for glide endurance times, you can try for "spot landings" on a "runway" marked out on the ground. Fun to fly and easy to construct, the MACH 10 comes complete with all parts, illustrated instructions and three-color decals. (Centuri 1971 Catalog)

centuri-mach%2010-1971%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1971 Catalog
centuri-mach%2010-1972%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1972 Catalog
centuri-mach%2010-1975%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1975 Catalog

centuri-mach%2010-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1979 Catalog

centuri-mach%2010-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back