Bal-Rock - Rock-a-Chute Mark 1 Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnNGA

Reaction score
Hi...
New to this forum, but been launching since 62. Pics of two scratch builds, My version of the Rock-a-Chute Mark 1, flies great on A3-4t. The other is a John Shutz/Vern Estes glider (1961). After getting the trim right it boosts and glides great. Also a clone of original Electro Launch.... John

Post Copied to Gallery with Permission

Attachments

• electro launch 003.jpg
    electro launch 003.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Bal-Rock - Rock-a-Chute Mark 1 (MK-1) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Bal-Rock - Rock-a-Chute Mark 1 (MK-1) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Bal-Rock: Rock-a-Chute Mark 1: MK-1

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Bal-Rock Rock-a-Chute Mark 1 (MK-I) Basic Information.

bal-roc.jpg
Bal-Rock Industries

Rock-a-Chute Mark 1

MK-I

Introduced: 1954
Final Year:
Designer: Robert Carlisle

Type: Sport
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: The ROCK-A-CHUTE is a working model of a type of guided missile. It is powered by an expendable solid fuel rocket motor. The ROCK-A-CHUTE rises, under its own power, from its launching ramp to a height of from 100 to 500 feet, depending upon the size of the rocket motor used. After passing the apex of its flight, the time element activates the parachute expelling charge. After the parachute is expelled and opens, the entire model floats slowly to the ground where it can be retrieved, the parachute re-packed as instructed, and a new rocket motor installed. It is then ready to be launched again. The time of the expulsion of the parachute can be extended by withdrawing 1/16 to 1/4 inch of the time element from the hole located nearest the red end of the rocket motor. The position of the launching ramp enables the operator to select the direction the ROCK-A-CHUTE will take. (Bal-Rock 1954 Rock-a-Chute Instructions)

balrock-rock%20a%20chute%20mk1-1954%20instruction%20livery.jpg
Bal-Rock 1954 Rock-a-Chute Instructions

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here's mine. It took 3rd place in the 2012 DARS Classic, P57 event.

done-1.jpg

Attachments

• Mk-1-f1i.jpg
    Mk-1-f1i.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Mk-1-f1b.jpg
    Mk-1-f1b.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 44
Got any drawings, plans or dimensions for the Shutz / Estes glider???

Sorry..didn't see post until today, no plans sorta just fit and test. I will get some measurements and drawings together.

Back