• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted WTB Original Cox Saturn 1b.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dberez

Reaction score
Looking for an original Cox Saturn 1b. Was the first rocket my brother got back in ~1970 at a Target of all places. I understand they are super rare and very pricey but I would love to have one again to give to him. Note I am aware that there is currently one on eBay but it has significant damage and does not interest me. And yes, I am also looking for a Cox Saturn V but that is listed in a separate post.

Looking for an original Cox Saturn 1b. Was the first rocket my brother got back in ~1970 at a Target of all places. I understand they are super rare and very pricey but I would love to have one again to give to him. Note I am aware that there is currently one on eBay but it has significant damage and does not interest me. And yes, I am also looking for a Cox Saturn V but that is listed in a separate post.
Are you looking for the molded plastic version of the Saturn V that is approximately 3" to 4" in diameter, 2-motor cluster?

Last edited:
Are you looking for the molded plastic version of the Saturn V that is approximately 3" to 4" in diameter, 2-motor cluster?
Yes, I am looking for the Saturn V and the Saturn 1b. Cox made both in the early 70s and re-issued them again but I do not recall when. They both used a 2-motor cluster. Your diameter estimates sound about right.

Thanks for the additional detail. I am jealous of your collection.
I wanted them back in the 70's but could not afford them, then found the re-release in the Early 90's when I visited the Spruce Goose , while Working in Long Beach (while they were prepping it to move, but you could still visit it) , so picked up the space shuttle and x-15, at the gift shop, then over the next 30 years aquired the rest.
IMG_20230802_125211968.jpg

Last edited:
Back