• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

What rocket is this

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Curtis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I did a level 1 with this rocket around 2000. Must have been Tripoli as there is no sign of an L1 with NAR. I suspect it may be an NCR kit. Any ideas what this is? Also, no sign of the brackets for retention. I was think of doing a certification flight at NSL this weekend. The nuts are too close to the body tube to use washers. I may have to tape the motor to the motor tube. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Attachments

• L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1
  • Retention.jpg
    Retention.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2
I did a level 1 with this rocket around 2000. Must have been Tripoli as there is no sign of an L1 with NAR. I suspect it may be an NCR kit. Any ideas what this is? Also, no sign of the brackets for retention. I was think of doing a certification flight at NSL this weekend. The nuts are too close to the body tube to use washers. I may have to tape the motor to the motor tube. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

1699297066660.png1699297109652.png

Looks like an upscale of the Estes Sea Strike D

1699296722059.png

Last edited:
Concur with the comments above. Not a North Coast Rocketry kit, but an upscale. A single stage Sea Strike or an homage to the design.

Chas

Rocket R&D had a 4" and 2.6" Navy Strike, and I think that's what we are looking at here.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/rocket-r-d-and-thoy-prices-pictures-kit-specs-etc.49306/
5.JPG

6.JPG

Back