What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe. But the eat each other too. Here is today's installment of the cricket story. The battle of The Flower House between me and the crickets continues. Side note. After living in England and seeing a lot of houses that were named. One was Rose Cottage. We have named the three houses that we have owned here. Our first house was on Javelina and that was the Pig house. The second house was on St Bernard Court and that was the Dog house. This house is on Carnation Way and is the Flower house. Our garage is just about air tight. The doors have good seals on all four sides. I used spray foam at any other gaps in an effort to keep scorpions out. But still the crickets are finding a way in. Same thing with the house. Sealed tight. The doors and windows all have tight seal. Both to keep the scorpions out and to keep hot or cold air out. Our electricity bill is astronomical enough. The front doors are never opened. The back door is open some times. Around the storm door it is sealed tight. But the crickets are still finding a way into the house. It's driving me nuts. The 115 degree days can't get here soon enough.
Roof vents?

It's been an odd day. I went to bed last night [Tue] at 2am. Restless leg started right away again. Took another Ropinirole and got back in bed. The Ropinirole didn't help and I tossed and turned until the sky started to lighten. Must have fallen to sleep. At 8:44, I know that because I looked, there was a gang of cats in the bedroom raising hell. My wife normally feeds them at 7am. When something like this happens I check to make sure she is breathing. I feed the cats and got back in bed. Tossed and turned some more and got up at noon. Went out to my desk in the garage and put my head down and tried to go to sleep, but didn't. At 1 I started writing down a time line and what has been happening to me and my wife and what we have been doing about it. I listed our symptoms and added comments. It filled a page and a quarter in Word. I went to my appointment set for 3:30. When I was weighted I found out our scale is correct. When my doctor came in to the exam room I gave her the sheets with what I had written down what had been happening and attached my colonoscopy results. She read it. We talked and she left for a few minutes. She stuck her head in and asked if I was having chest pains. An odd question I thought because that was on the list of symptoms and with comments. I wasn't having pain but at that moment I did fell uncomfortable and I told her so. Now she wanted an EKG. A tech came in and gave me one and took the readout sheet and left. While I was putting my clothes back together my doctor came if and put the readout sheet down in front of me. She pointed to a small peak. She said I had an elevated, I think she said S wave and that I had to go to the ER and did I want her to call an ambulance. The bottom of my stomach fell out. I told her I could drive there. I wasn't felling bad and the hospital was only 5 minutes away. I walked out to the car felling stunned. This was not how I thought this appointment would go. I called my wife and said don't panic but I'm on my way to the ER and explained what had happened. We have a small hospital here and calling it a hospital is a stretch. It's really just a large ER. For anything but the simplest thing you are sent to Vegas. I was sure I would be sent to Vegas. When I got to the ER the doctor did another EKG. An IV was started and blood drawn and a chest X-Ray taken. And then I waited for an hour. Had another EKG and more blood drawn. While I laid there I decided I didn't want to go to Vegas and if the doctor said I must I wasn't going by ambulance. I was going to tell him I would have to go home and get my wife first. That she had MS and didn't get around well and that I had the only car she could get into and drive in an emergency. When the doctor came back he said he wanted to admit me and do a stress test tomorrow. I told him I wasn't going to stay and if he wanted I would come back in the morning. He said that's not how it works. I told him again I wasn't staying and that I would call my doctor and ask her to expedite a stress test or call my cardiologist and ask him. He was not happy. He went to talk to the lead doctor and came back and told me that because of my risk factors I could have a heart attack in 30 to 60 days. He had me sign a release for being discharged against medical advise and I went home. I hope I haven't made a fatal mistake. I'll make the calls in the morning and wait to see what happens.

Back