• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Unassembled OG Estes Goonybird Series

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for unassembled OG Estes Goonybird Series:
#0850 Star Snoop
#0851 Cloud Hopper
#0852 Galaxy Puppy

Thank you for any and all replies!

I may have a second Galaxy Guppy. If I remember right, the box is has some damage to it, but the parts are all intact. Does that meet what you're looking for?

Bad boy rocketry on eBay sells clones of these. Quality is bueno.

The challenge to clones is the nosecones - the Big Bertha nosecone that Estes makes now is not quite the same shape.

Sure, that would be great! Shoot me some photos when you have time.
Thank you!

Finally got a chance to go look, and it appears that I let that kit go at some point in the past. Sorry about that; could've sworn it was still in the pile!

-Kevin

The challenge to clones is the nosecones - the Big Bertha nosecone that Estes makes now is not quite the same shape.

My understanding is that the BB nose cone sold today was tooled back then to support the volume and price point of the Goonies. Were there runs of Goonies with balsa cones before the plastic one got done?

My understanding is that the BB nose cone sold today was tooled back then to support the volume and price point of the Goonies. Were there runs of Goonies with balsa cones before the plastic one got done?

The Goonies used a two-piece plastic nosecone (PNC-60L and PNCA-60L).

It looks injection molded. I would very much like to get a sample of that or reliable dimensions to clone it.

The PNC60L (two-piece styrene, introduced in the GooneyBirds) replaced the BNC60L in the Big Bertha not too many years later.
It was then replaced by the PNC60MS. (blow molded, but roughly the same shape)

BTW, not related to the goonies, the BNC 60L was/is about 1/2" longer than the PNC60L. You can get a correctly shaped BNC 60L from eRockets (Semroc).

Big bertha is your NC...

Back