Twas the best of Times, Twas the worst of times.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
Well everyone, I got some good news and bad news. First the good: I found a place that sells LOTS of rocketry parts, cheap too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D . Its just a local store but it is great! The bad news, I cant get the launch lugs to stay on my rocket. I am having to use straws because I couldnt get Anything else. But the glue wont stick to the straws, so unless anyone has any objections I am going to use a glue gun. It has worked for me on plastic models it will [hopefully] work on this.

-Paul
"Quando Omni Flunkas Moratadi" Latin for: When all else fails play dead

I have no objections as I won't have to duck...:D Give it a try and let us know how it works. Don't use a crow-bar or anything, but try to torque the straw lug with your fingers. If it comes right off, it isn't a great solution. If it stays, it is prolly worth flying.

Well with ordianry glue the straws fall of when u A) touch them B) try to put a launch rod through them a little crooked C)Use them to hold the rocket up Etc Etc... I have confidence in the glue gun though, it saveds my model helicopter when I was ten ;-). Ill let u know how it goes in a few hours (Or tommororw if I cant get back on the net.

Well the glue gun worked excellent to hold the plastic straw launch lugs on the rocket. The whole thing went smoothly (Except when I sliced my finger cutting of the glue from the previous attempt(s). The only catch with the glue gun is that you only have a few seconds to align the lug before the glue dries. The "standard" red and white striped plastic straws seem to work great for a 5mm launch rod. Now I can finaly paint the rocket Im working on.

Back