Student Rocket Programs - PDR Tutorial

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer714

Reaction score
Preliminary Design Review – Student Rocket Projects Tutorial

Is there interest from student rocket groups in a Tutorial about performing a preliminary design review (PDR)? If a few groups or group leaders are interested I could do a teams presentation on, why do you need a PDR, what is needed before you start, what do the inputs look like, how does the PDR help save time and money for the project, what does a real schedule and budget look like, PDR follow up / CDR, and roles and responsibilities for the team members.

I'm posting it here because many of the teams check the high powered rocketry forum, not the student one.

I have mentored / consulted / been asked questions by many different college groups about their project, every time (really every time) the problem they have is linked back to planning / skipped steps at the beginning of the problem. I have to tell them that ready – fire … then aim seldom works. A REAL PDR helps reduce these problems. Many groups have a hard time understanding how a little more work in the beginning can reduce a lot of work at the end.

If there is interest I can set this up.

Mike K

P.S. I have over 30 years experience taking new technology and getting it successfully in the air and into space on development and production programs.

Back