Simple speak

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsbhunter

Reaction score
Ok, did a search....came away TOTALLY confused. What are the rules for buying engine reloads and paying or NOT paying hazmat? I've read that a one grain over 30 gram(?) Reload has to be hazmat, then I read that if the "outer package" (box) doesn't exceed 1.3kg, it can be shipped non hazmat. Some vendors state" no hazmat". Others state " hazmat on this item" but not others. The reason is, a vendor I ordered a reload for, shipped " ground advantage " . It had NO hazmat stickers, the shipping on the invoice was reasonable, and did not stipulate hazmat. This was an F40 reload. Is there a hard and fast rule to all this? I order smokeless powder and primers all the time, and they are HAZMAT ! No debate....any help would be great, I hate getting into turkey situations.. rsbhunter

Last edited:
Thank you, I understand that F40 -7W reloads can be shipped as long as the outer packaging does not exceed 10 lbs ? Again, getting older, and don't want to read something into it, that's not right...rsbhunter

Back