• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Rocketarium - Rebel Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retro Rebel.
First flight on the minimum recommended motor, B6-2
Power pranged and ejected on the ground.
Cracked forward ring, easily repaired.
Second flight, C6-3, the elastic shock cord snapped at ejection.
Forward ring more heavily damaged, but she will fly again!
Good side:

0607211430[1].jpg

Other side
0607211430a[1].jpg

Heh.

What is going on aerodynamically with these models?

I wanted to scratch build something like this but I really do not understand where CP is on these.

Are they basically like flying spools with massive full body fins or something?

I flew mine Aug. 8th at Argonia. (not me in the picture)

rebel pad.jpg

The nose section snapped back and broke the top ring of the lower section. Got a new one and fixed this rocket. At the same time, I bought a *new* Rebel kit. Gave the first one (now fixed) away.

rebel broke.jpg

It might not be noticible, but when all the glue is good and set, I go over all of the edges with a black magic marker. It was either that or sand off all of the edges. I like the contrast.

Updates:
9/17/22: Launched the Mega Rebel on a D12-3. Straight and stable nominal flight.
2023-01-07 (11).png
2023-01-07 (10).png

12/31/22: Launched the Rebel John on an E30-4 and the Smokin' Rebel on a D22-4. Both flights straight and nominal but two shroud lines on the Rebel John tore out. No damage to the rocket.
2023-01-07 (15).png
2023-01-07 (16).png
2023-01-07 (14).png
2023-01-07 (13).png

Laters.

Back