EVENT QCRC April 27th club launch. Note! Date Change.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, due to my ageing brain, I scheduled the April launch the same weekend as ThunderStruck. So. We're changing to the end of the month. Now TWA still has somethin goin on then, and Wildman is going to that event, but if you're not volunteering for that launch (which would probably be nice), come to our launch. I'll stop at Tim's to pick up preorders for people. Yes, I'm that nice... :rolleyes:
Who knows, I might even fly something this time. Might. Hope to see you there!

So, @mattpoker86 , found a baby sitter yet? Less than a week away now. I still haven't prepped anything interesting... Maybe I'll get the fully repaired WM 5" Goblin prepped. I've got a Frontpage 75/3500 L Albino Assault that might make it scoot like a scalded cat... Hmmm

So, @mattpoker86 , found a baby sitter yet? Less than a week away now. I still haven't prepped anything interesting... Maybe I'll get the fully repaired WM 5" Goblin prepped. I've got a Frontpage 75/3500 L Albino Assault that might make it scoot like a scalded cat... Hmmm
I should be good to go with the babysitter. My level 2 cert attempt rocket is a Wildman Shapeshifter 75. Planning on either a J450 or k550. Having never flown there before, is there a lot of room for recovery? What type of winds are you comfortable flying to 4000' or so there? My rocket is drogueless dual deploy, so it shouldn't drift too far, but I'll definitely be watching the forecast for winds before making the almost 4 hour drive.

Lots of open farm fields. One drainage ditch that is possible to land in. GPS or a radio tracker are recommended for piece of mind. I'll probably have my radio tracker stuff along. There is a small copse of trees that it's possible to hit too.

Lots of open farm fields. One drainage ditch that is possible to land in. GPS or a radio tracker are recommended for piece of mind. I'll probably have my radio tracker stuff along. There is a small copse of trees that it's possible to hit too.
I do have a featherweight tracker in the nose cone. Hopefully the weather plays nice and I can finally get this thing in the air.

Well shoot. This weekend’s forecast looks like crap. In fact, the forecast makes crap look better…
So no launch for us this weekend. Go visit the Wildman up at da Bong at the First Nations launch. More time for you to prep rockets for mini next month.

Well shoot. This weekend’s forecast looks like crap. In fact, the forecast makes crap look better…
So no launch for us this weekend. Go visit the Wildman up at da Bong at the First Nations launch. More time for you to prep rockets for mini next month.

I guess Saturday is haircut and finish machining parts and assemble the 12' tower this weekend......

I had just finished a 2.6 Darkstar to fly. New Fluctus arrived this week so now I'm tearing the e bay apart to change over to the Fluctus. Figured if I'm flying a new build might as well go all out and run brand new electronics.

Unfortunately won't make mini MWP so might have to wait for Airfest.

Back