Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In college we had IBM paper teletypes on acoustic modems. The ones I used at GE in 1980 were VT102 terminals connected to a VAX 11/780. I wrote a VT100 emulator for the 8-bit Atari 800/400 and designed an RS232 interface for it to dial in from home. I ended up selling the hardware for $50 retail and put the terminal software in the public domain. I wrote it in "Forth", if anybody knows that language. It also had XMODEM/ZMODEM file transfer. I can't believe it's been 40+ years!
Forth is fun language to work in.

I feel called out. 🙂

Happened to me this last Friday. I was changing a glow plug on the jeep, and when putting my tools away, noticed a deep socket was missing from the set: yep the 10mm!

I started cursing that the memes are true about 10mm, looked all around and under the truck, not having heard it drop...

Then I realized I had put it in my pocket. So I wouldn't lose it. Because 10mm.

😑

Last edited:
I've always wondered just how those Bass Fish get going so fast, that you need a Bullet Boat to Catch up to them :questions:

Edit: one day more then a Decade ago I was in Bass Pro thinking, "you know it would be fun to buy this boat..." ; then I said no go up stairs and look around instead.
Depends on where you patterned/located fish in practice vs the tourney launch site. It isn't uncommon, on big reservoirs, to "run" 20 plus miles one way on a limited time allotment. There is nothing like fishing in a tournament with 50 plus boats!

I've been on a lot of beaches in Florida and have seen how seagulls react even if it looks like you threw something in the air. This couldn't possibly be real. If it was the seagulls on the water would all over him. Also if was real he would either be on his back fighting for his life or running as fast as he could to get away. Remember The Birds?

Why and where is the TP.
Why? Probably it's in a daylight basement and the floor is below grade, below the waste line that the toilet needs to tie into.

Where's the TP? I'm stumped.

For the hockey fans ...

View attachment 644023
Hockey? Looks like it's for the Three's Company fans.

(I Googled "three's company mr.) and roper was autosuggested, then this picture came up right at the top. It seems to be the same picture.)
1714998290357.png

Last edited:
Why? Probably it's in a daylight basement and the floor is below grade, below the waste line that the toilet needs to tie into.

Where's the TP? I'm stumped.

Hockey? Looks like it's for the Three's Company fans.

(I Googled "three's company mr.) and roper was autosuggested, then this picture came up right at the top. It seems to be the same picture.)
View attachment 644025
IIRC Norman Fell.
Don't know what he has to do with hockey though.

Back