Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, I have never seen that.

We called them "Dumb Terminals", as they were not a computer but could talk to a Main Frame or other multi-user computer like DEC Mini-Computers. They even worked on Unix computers as serial terminals.

The one shown is a pretty modern one, looks in the late 80s.

We called them "Dumb Terminals", as they were not a computer but could talk to a Main Frame or other multi-user computer like DEC Mini-Computers. They even worked on Unix computers as serial terminals.

The one shown is a pretty modern one, looks in the late 80s.
In college we had IBM paper teletypes on acoustic modems. The ones I used at GE in 1980 were VT102 terminals connected to a VAX 11/780. I wrote a VT100 emulator for the 8-bit Atari 800/400 and designed an RS232 interface for it to dial in from home. I ended up selling the hardware for $50 retail and put the terminal software in the public domain. I wrote it in "Forth", if anybody knows that language. It also had XMODEM/ZMODEM file transfer. I can't believe it's been 40+ years!

In college we had IBM paper teletypes on acoustic modems. The ones I used at GE in 1980 were VT102 terminals connected to a VAX 11/780. I wrote a VT100 emulator for the 8-bit Atari 800/400 and designed an RS232 interface for it to dial in from home. I ended up selling the hardware for $50 retail and put the terminal software in the public domain. I wrote it in "Forth", if anybody knows that language. It also had XMODEM/ZMODEM file transfer. I can't believe it's been 40+ years!

I know what Forth is, but I never learned to code in it ;)

Back