Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ In the USA we call them dumpsters

["A wheelie bin is a trash can, cart, or even small plastic dumpster that contains at least two wheels. In Europe, they sometimes go by the name “Euro bin.” In North America, you might call them Roll-Out Carts or Mobile Garbage Bins. But however you designate them, they’re the key to efficient — and ergonomic — waste handling at businesses of all sizes.]"

1714296385351.png

Yeah, that's what they like to say. But it's not. It's a show about a bunch of people who are neighbors and friends, one of them is a stand-up comedian, and they get into humorous situations. Change comedian to some other profession and the same description applies to lots of sit-coms.

👓

:facepalm: on you.

1714383995439.png

Where in the US? The only things I've ever heard them called is "rolling trash cans" or "garbage cans with wheels", and the like.
Midwest, I've never heard them called anything else in my travels to the west or east coast either. Why say 3-4 words when one is already defined.

The ones that can be tipped over by a robot arm to empty into the top of a truck have an added word, Tippers to the trash company to identify those that are up to that task without breaking.

Have you heard this?

"Dear, please put this bag outside into the rolling trash can"

Last edited:
Heave you heard this?

"Dear, please put this bag outside into the rolling trash can"
No, that's just "Please take the trash out."

Here in the Mid-Atlantic region MD/DC/VA we've only ever just called them "trash cans", wheels or not.

Dumpsters are those big metal things behind a business that takes the truck with big forks to empty.
And if you want to pick nits, Dumpster is a trademark for a particular brand of those things, like Kleenex and Vaseline.

Here in the Mid-Atlantic region MD/DC/VA we've only ever just called them "trash cans", wheels or not.

Dumpsters are those big metal things behind a business that takes the truck with big forks to empty.

Well my dumpster takes a truck with a big arm with a kung fu grip to empty it upside down 😂 , especially with the junk I have been putting in it for the past few weeks. Very hard to move on the wheels even with it loaded down.

Back