Perfectflite - Stratologgers (out of stock ??)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frewi80

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Perfectflite is still in business ? Do they still sell Stratologgers ? It has been a long time since they were out of stock (!!)...
Does somebody has some stratologgers for sale ??? Just wondering.

Does anyone know if Perfectflite is still in business ? Do they still sell Stratologgers ? It has been a long time since they were out of stock (!!)...
Does somebody has some stratologgers for sale ??? Just wondering.

When Peter makes a New Batch up, and puts them for sale, they tend to get all bought up 2 by 2 [limit] in about 20-40 mins. If you look at his other products they are in stock.

Yes this product is very much in demand, mostly by tons of students

I wish he would consider outsourcing the production of the Stratologger CF. I think there is sufficient demand for a significant number to sell quickly, even at a higher price than what he is charging now. I know several people, including me, that would get at least two immediately.

I wish he would consider outsourcing the production of the Stratologger CF. I think there is sufficient demand for a significant number to sell quickly, even at a higher price than what he is charging now. I know several people, including me, that would get at least two immediately.
That is 100% true. No doubt it about it.

I think his focus is more on TARC teams or schools. Or at least that is what I have been told by others.

I finely gave up on perfectflight and went with missile works.
Yep, so did I! I ended up purchasing several Missile Works RRC2Ls.
However, I do understand the mythology around the SLCF. Yes, they are a great altimeter, but there are several other worthy alternatives. Judging by the obsession that some have over the SLCF, it’s surprising that someone hasn’t produced a clone!

The SLCF hit a pretty nice niche in the market. There aren't a whole lot of things that meet this full list of criteria:
  • Dead reliable
  • Pretty compact (can fit into a short length of 29mm tube)
  • Pretty affordable (The old $55 price point was really nice)
  • Can download flight data
  • Dead reliable
The RRC2 models don't have the full data download that I want, the RRC3 is too big, and I don't trust myself to assemble Eggtimer kits reliably enough.

Ultimately, I've been replacing Stratologgers with Easyminis, which are as good or better, with the exception of price. And at $80 it's not too much more than the current $60 price point for the SLCF. I've also been using Blue Ravens for when I want more capable altimeters.

The new price "Direct" is $59.95. When looking at the product page it says $69.95 Retail. Then click on the button on the right that says buy at a discount and it takes you to this page.

Just an FYI for those new to their website:

1715072495441.png

The SLCF hit a pretty nice niche in the market. There aren't a whole lot of things that meet this full list of criteria:
  • Dead reliable
  • Pretty compact (can fit into a short length of 29mm tube)
  • Pretty affordable (The old $55 price point was really nice)
  • Can download flight data
  • Dead reliable
The RRC2 models don't have the full data download that I want, the RRC3 is too big, and I don't trust myself to assemble Eggtimer kits reliably enough.

Ultimately, I've been replacing Stratologgers with Easyminis, which are as good or better, with the exception of price. And at $80 it's not too much more than the current $60 price point for the SLCF. I've also been using Blue Ravens for when I want more capable altimeters.
I agree with what you say! The BIG issue with the SLCF is that they are almost impossible to purchase!
I also used a few EasyMinis, however decided to move them on because they were very hard to hear when installed in the rocket.

I really wish another manufacturer / dealer who has the funds would buy the company and more widely sell the product. It clearly is in demand.

Back