• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

OpenRocket "Print design info" question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S.

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
When I get the report by using "Print design info" under "File", the report generated has a front cover with the Mass (with motor), stability, Cp, and Cg. However this is only for one motor and it doesn't say which one.

I know it's the one you have it set to on the "Flight configuration" pull-down tab. But you don't get that info at all for all the other motors on the following pages. It would be best if that info on the cover sheet were provided for all the motors in the report. Maybe an additional page like the cover sheet for each motor?

Am I just not selecting something obvious to provide all that?

I am using 22.02 beta 05, so sorry if I am asking about something already updated in the final release of the program.

Thanks!

When you print the report, do it with "no motor" that way you can verify CG at the Field, prepped for flight without motor. (Lets you know if you grossly miss packed your recovery, or changed something.) Then put in whatever motor gives you the flight performance you want that day, and check your actual CG / CP relationship. If that's ok ... go fly.

Thanks so much for your reply. When I do what you suggested the report gives the weight, Cg location, and stability for no motors on page 1, without indicating that is what it is.

What I was looking for was the info on page 1 for all 15 or so motors that I have run the simulations on.

Personally I like the information from OR more condensed than the built in report. (Version 19.05) I "screenshot" the simulation table, for simple builds. For more involved rockets, I pick the data I want and make my own excel file.

I haven't played with the reports in 22.02. Yet.

If you highlight the table created when you run all the simulations, you can CTRL-C and then CTRL-V it into Excel to make a sortable table.

I also like the built in report, which is why I'd like to be able to use it also.

Back