EVENT New Launch Site! Spaceport Oklahoma, Sunday April 21 Tripoli Oklahoma

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
New launch site! Sunday April 21st.

Tripoli Oklahoma is proud to announce that this month's launch is at a new venue - Spaceport Oklahoma, located at the Sherman-Clinton Airport. This facility was a large SAC base during the cold war. We'll be launching from a circular "ready pad" on the west side of the airport. We're trying to get access to the gate on the highway that runs north of the base. See https://www.tripolioklahoma.org/html/Maps/maps.html for details about how to get to the Spaceport, and the launch site. We will only have "primitive" facilities at the launch site. There is a convenience store in Burns Flat.

As always, we'll be setting up about 10:00. Everyone is welcome!

This is Spring in Oklahoma. Weather plays a big part of our lives at this time of year. The launch will be dependent upon the weather. Check the club website for updates.
[EDIT] Looks like it's going to be cold, but with low wind. Forecast has the temps in the low to mid 40's all day. Dress warm, in layers.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new launch site. Without having to search the interwebs, I have a few questions... Is this a HPR capable field? If so, what impulse/altitude is allowed? I think that will help quell those questions later :)

Congrats on the new launch site. Without having to search the interwebs, I have a few questions... Is this a HPR capable field? If so, what impulse/altitude is allowed? I think that will help quell those questions later :)
Yes, it's HPR capable, I think we're limited to about 16K AGL. We carry 1010 rails to every launch. We've got 1515 rails, but usually don't bring them unless it's something special or requested.

We met with folks from the Spaceport today and got a special one-day-only code for the gate. It is 1 1 1 2

Last edited:
Back