Missouri Grandpa - saying, “Hello”

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! You will be amazed at the changes in rocketry over the last half-century!!

There is a Beginners forum that will probably answer a lot of questions right off the bat.

Hey Gramps, how old are the kids? The best intro to rocketry varies with age and abilities.

Hey Gramps, how old are the kids? The best intro to rocketry varies with age and abilities.
I'm on the east side of the state but check out the local NAR section around KC I've heard good things

There's a NAR group in Warrensburg that flies low and mid-power stuff called WARP. Check them out on Facebook.

For high power I usually go to Argonia, KS, but there is a Tripoli group closer to Springfield called Tripoli Mo-Kan.

Welcome to the group.

The boys are in lower elementary school. So not going to be able to do do real "technical stuff" - but maybe some basic assembly, and help with painting and decals.
Fliskits Whatchamacallit are great first kits. Did them with my boys when very young, and with cub scouts. The "jig tech" balsa fins develop bet skills than plastic fin cans. Welcome!
Really all Flis skill level 1 kits are great, Thingamajig and DooDad are similar to the Whatchamacallit
https://www.fliskits.com/WPRESS/product-category/kits/skill-1/

Thank you for all the greetings. And for some of the pointers.

You're right. It's interesting how much some things have changed. And yet, how some things are still the same. I mean, I can still buy a Big Bertha!
You can also buy a Mini Bertha, a two-stage Boosted Bertha, and a Super Big Bertha!

Back