Improved Featherweight UI app

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian A

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished the regression tests for build 316 (1.09) of the Featherweight UI phone app, and I'm happy with how smoothly everything went. I have submitted the build to Apple to approve, and it should be available in the store in the next day or two. Later today I'll test the Android version.

With this build, the app now supports simultaneous pairs of ground stations and trackers, so that if you have a 2-stage flight with a dedicated ground station and tracker for each, you can quickly switch between trackers and each ground station will stay paired with its tracker. Each ground station also has its own dedicated log that you can share from the phone so that you can review all the data from the stage after the flight even if you're not watching it while it's in the air.

The also app still supports using one ground station with 2 trackers. In that case, the ground station is commanded to change to the channel to whichever tracker is selected to show in the app.

Voice telemetry is finally doing everything I want it to do, and the time lag has been removed. Immediately after apogee, there are 3 vertical velocity readouts, one after another, so that the voice can verify that the apogee deployments worked.

And finally a nice addition is that a Google Earth .kml file is automatically generated and exported with the rest of the GPS recorded data, so you can open the file and get a visualization like this:

1713978241674.png

Many thanks to @Aeva and @Arpak for their work which helped speed this development along

Latest posts

Back