Hi I'm George, and I'm hooked on building rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3vqw

Reaction score
Hi, my name is George. (twin brother to n3tjm, also known as my evil twin, or as you on this forum has come to know as Papa elf...)

*ehem

Anyways. I am into model trains, ham radios, and things that go pew. I don't need any more expensive hobbies; really, I don't.

Three months ago, I stopped by my local Hobby Town USA (Cincinnati) to see if there were any trains that might want to come home with me. On that trip, there wasn't but two rocket kits somehow ended up at the register with me (Red Nova, and the Sasha). I figured I could build them and fly them when I go visit my [evil] twin in a few weeks. These were the first rockets that I have bought and built in 25+ years.

3 months later...

30 Rockets Built...
1 destroyed (ballistic impact into SUV in parking lot)..
5 under construction...
4 still in the bag (or box).

1699580398766.png

All my finished rockets set onto the dresser waiting to be "bowling balled" by my cat during one of his nocturnal zoomies.

Attachments

• 1699580496021.png
    1699580496021.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1699580822678.png
    1699580822678.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi, my name is George. (twin brother to n3tjm, also known as my evil twin, or as you on this forum has come to know as Papa elf...)

*ehem

Anyways. I am into model trains, ham radios, and things that go pew. I don't need any more expensive hobbies; really, I don't.

Three months ago, I stopped by my local Hobby Town USA (Cincinnati) to see if there were any trains that might want to come home with me. On that trip, there wasn't but two rocket kits somehow ended up at the register with me (Red Nova, and the Sasha). I figured I could build them and fly them when I go visit my [evil] twin in a few weeks. These were the first rockets that I have bought and built in 25+ years.

3 months later...

30 Rockets Built...
5 under construction...

View attachment 614569

All my finished rockets set onto the dresser waiting to be "bowling balled" by my cat during one of his nocturnal zoomies.
That’s an impressive collection!

Wow! Impressive. Great collection! Paint jobs too nice, go fly a bunch more.

Welcome to the Forum. Happened to me too. I started flying as a kid. Flew on and off for many years. When we moved to Pahrump Nevada in 2005 there wasn't any houses near us. But there was a lot of empty desert across the street. I started flying again. Then I saw a You Tube video on High Power Rocketry and I was hooked. Started lurking around here. Joined Tripoly Las Vegas and joined the Forum in 2019. Now I have more than 200 rockets.

ths ago, I stopped by my local Hobby Town USA (Cincinnati) to see if there were any trains that might want to come home with me. On that trip, there wasn't but two rocket kits somehow ended up at the register with me (Red Nova, and the Sasha). I figured I could build them and fly them when I go visit my [evil] twin in a few weeks. These were the first rockets that I have bought and built in 25+ years.

Most people buy a sports car when they hit their mid-life crises.

Rockets are cheaper...

That is exactly how it got me 14 years ago, except I was looking at model airplanes. I walked by a section with Estes model rockets and saw a Patriot. I thought that is a great looking rocket, I'll just build it and set it on the shelf to look at.

Unfortunately, rockets are kind of like Lays potato chips. Nobody can build just one...

3 months later...

30 Rockets Built...
5 under construction...

View attachment 614569

Looks like you've got a good start! Keep on going! You should be glad to know you're not the only one to bomb a car! I've done that too.

Back