Greetings from Louisville, Colorado

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings,
Launched Estes rockets as a kid. My friend is launching much larger. I'm learning about the "big" rockets.
I'm an electrical engineer with a specialty in phase locked loops and communication systems.
Cheers, Rod
Lots of great clubs in Colorado. CRASH is launching outside Fort Lupton tomorrow. COSROCS in the Springs. BIG rockets at the North and Atlas sites on the Pawnee Grassland (NCR.) All the big national events are in Colorado this year. National Sport Launch in Alamosa (SLVR) Memorial day weekend. NARAM in Pueblo (SCORE) the beginning of August. So many big rockets with the latest, high end electronics. It will blow your mind!

Thanks for the heads up. đź‘Ť
My buddy launches in the Blackrock Desert of Nevada. The Pawnee Grasslands, and Fort Lupton, are a lot closer. :)
I'm impressed by the electronics, and the mathematical simulations, the rockets are using.

Start at CRASH for your level one certification, then NCR for your level two and three. Then load up the RV and head to Black Rock.

I forgot to mention Tripoli Colorado at Hartsel. With Tripoli you can make your own motors with a Level two. NCR and SCORE can also launch research motors when the Tripoli Top Men and Women are there.

When you are going that BIG and your motors are sliding down the back half of the alaphabet, most flyers I know are both NAR and Tripoli members. At that point you are chatting away with your mates down at the pub nine to a dozen about your custom electronics working in space. BIG TIME!

Presently, I'm observing and learning. (ie: newbie!). I don't have plans to fly. (At least not yet).

My buddy was talking about M motors, and vertical oriented stabilization. The Karman line was mentioned. You guys are blowing my socks off!

Presently, I'm observing and learning. (ie: newbie!). I don't have plans to fly. (At least not yet).

My buddy was talking about M motors, and vertical oriented stabilization. The Karman line was mentioned. You guys are blowing my socks off!
Just show up, observe and mingle. You can go buy an ESTES Ready to Fly kit and some motors and fly low power to get your feet wet.

Back