Estes Camroc/Delta 2 build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark T (AKA Snuggles)

Reaction score
Hi, have an old CAMROC body in my stash and thought, what the heck, let's get her back in the air.
Have a set of plans for the Delta 2 stage vehicle and am in the process of building it.
Gonna do it up like the catalog model.
Would really like to get a set of decals for the CAMROC and the Delta.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Mark T

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Can anyone make a set for me?
Callie Graphics may have these in her library already. I don’t think she does waterslide decals, but her printed graphics are awesome. I’ve used them on control line airplanes, and it seems like at least half of the RC planes flying have her graphics on them.
https://callie-graphics.com/

Using rustoleum white paint on the Astron Delta as a first coat. Painted a light(so I thought) yesterday around noon.Papered booster fins. Sanding sealer and Grey sandable Rustoleum primer on upper stage fins.
Put a second light coat of white on this AM.
Paint coat crinkled on body tubes ONLY!!!!!
$#%^&&&**<!!!
I'll wait at least 2 more days before I touch it and start sending.
Grrrr

Art, I've had pretty decent luck with Rustoleum in the past.
I've learned that you must put the can in a bowl of hot TAP water and let it sit.
Shoot the paint, let dry overnight and I'm usually good with recoat the next day.
Didn't think I was gonna have an issue.
I'll just sand her down and put the white back on.
Model will get a finish coat of yellow anyway.
Weird thing is the fins were unaffected.
Only the BTs crazed

Art, I've had pretty decent luck with Rustoleum in the past.
I've learned that you must put the can in a bowl of hot TAP water and let it sit.
Shoot the paint, let dry overnight and I'm usually good with recoat the next day.
Didn't think I was gonna have an issue.
I'll just sand her down and put the white back on.
Model will get a finish coat of yellow anyway.
Weird thing is the fins were unaffected.
Only the BTs crazed

I have a rocket that crazed on the first coat of 2X; on the fins only. Another one on the body tube, only one side. Too much has gone wrong with both Rusto and Standard Krylon following their instructions to the letter even. Krylon lacquer worked fine.

Duplicolor and Taymia paints working for me. I need to try Acryli-Quick as soon as the rains stop in the next few weeks. Too Humid here, right now.

For white and black I almost always use spray lacquer. Never a problem. For other colors, it's usually acrylics in my airbrush, or sometimes Testors spray paint, which I've never seen wrinkle either.

The krinkling, I think, it the propellant affecting/melting the enamel coats below it. 1st coat can be light to medium thickness if put on quickly. After that, VERY light coats only.

Back