Eggtimer LCD serial output...fail, Help?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarsLander

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I successfully update my Eggfinder TX today with a bit of help from Eggtimer (@cerving)

I have the LCD RX with Voice and GPS. I also have a Dongle RX with USB.

I am now trying to hookup my Windows 11, eggtimer serial USB to the LCD RX and also connect eggtimer serial USB to the Dongle RX, so I can track in real time (No I'm not trying to connect both at the same time, I am trying to get both to stream so I can use either one). This thread is on getting the USB - Serial cable to work. (It worked to update firmware, and to get a stream from the Eggfinder TX...I just can't get the RX to work.

I've read the only thread I can find on the TX-->RX, RX-->TX dongle connection, so I think I got that right. (I did try straight through TX-->TX) no difference...

USB ground to LCD ground, USB RX to LCD TX. Nothing. Same with the Dongle RX. I can't get PUTTY, or MapSphere to see or recognize any thing.

What am I doing wrong?

Get the document on our Support site that tells you how to use the USB-Serial dongle. You'll need the driver, AND you'll want to set the port to COM2. From there, you should be able to easily open it up in Putty, VisualGPS View, or whatever. You should connect the CBLRX pin on the RX receiver to the RXD pin on the USB-Serial dongle, and the two power lines of course.

You should connect the CBLRX pin on the RX receiver to the RXD pin on the USB-Serial dongle
This was the ticket for the Dongle RX. Works like a charm now. Thanks.

There is no CBLRX on the LDC RX. What is the trick with the LCD to get the output to the serial USB?

On the LCD receiver, connect the GND pin on the USB-Serial dongle to the GND pin on the 4-pin header, and the RXD pin on the USB-Serial dongle to the RXD pin on the 4-pin header.

The 4-pin header is the connection between the RF module and the processor, the names are referenced from the processor's side (not the RF module).

Back