Come on, Boeing.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Article is behind a paywall.
Quick summary?
A Spirit Aerosystems whistleblower died of what the article called “a sudden, fast-spreading infection”, which forced doctors to consider amputating his extremities. His health before was generally good and suffering this completely blindsided family and medical professionals.

I’m actually skeptical that this was a hit, but there’s always that nagging instinct that deems it a little bit too convenient. Apparently the investigation into John Barnett’s death is still ongoing, I’m very interested in the findings of that.

Tomorrow Boeing's Starliner should launch with two Astronauts onboard. I sure hope there are no further "Boeing" problems for this flight. And considering how Boeing's execs are handling the safety of their airliners I worry.
I’m not quite as concerned. This is a completely separate division of the company.

Flew in a 717 onetime. Seemed like another DC-9 of old (which I flew in a lot of those) with an updated interior. Flew in a lot of 737's back in the
day too but it was a long time ago. I would look at the door frame on entry or exiting an aircraft and could usually find a data plate. I'd see a manufacturing date from the 60's and I was flying in the 80's. I didn't worry as to the maintenance these things get. Flights were nominal as of course, I'm still here!! :)
Too bad of the current events at Boeing as I think they were a benchmark company in days of old. Did so much to win wars and allow people to travel economically by jet. For that matter, I flew in several DC-10's (not Boeing of course) and apparently the ground crew got the baggage doors closed appropriately. The stupid stuff started happening long after I flew on the type.
I remember my dad and mom taking relatives to O'hare for a flight in the early '60's and no hijackings or security back then. I was a little kid and man 'o man the people flying were dressed to the nines to fly on the 707's. Still some radials and a lot of turbine engine aircraft back then. Could walk right up to the boarding gate without interference to say good-bye.
Well, we all know what happened after that historically and all the stuff we have to go through to fly. If one isn't nefarious, no big deal but it certainly isn't like the care-free days of old.

Back