• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

BUILD: Art Applewhite (Free!) Paper Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noise

Reaction score
While waiting for parts for other projects I am working my way through all of the Art Applewhite free paper rockets.

These things are rocket candy, super easy to build and very cool looking.

The hardest part is coming up with graphics to print on the paper but I'm a graphics program addict, so that's not too big of a deal either.

So far I've finished the Qubit, Pyramid and Delta rockets. I'll upload some pictures a little later.

Here's the page with all of them:

https://www.artapplewhite.com/free.html

All of the designs are to be printed on 110# index stock and it is recommended that you use Elmer's glue all instead of wood glue.

Total construction time on each one is less than an hour, like I said, candy.

I think it would be great to print a bunch out and have kids decorate them, depending on how many kids there are and how early you start you could probably launch the same day.

Here's the finished Qubit, I didn't take any progress pictures of this one.

For this one I just used some card stock I had handy, the printer freaked out a little so the graphics aren't completely clean.

Also make sure to use a minimum of glue on gluing surfaces or you'll get warping which is somewhat evident here.

qubit1.jpg

In the process of cutting

pyramid1.jpg

Finished cutting

pyramid2.jpg

All bends scored and bent

pyramid3.jpg

Finished

pyramid4.jpg

This is actually the most difficult so far. All the cuts on the others are straight, so you can use a straight edge, here you have to freehand the entire arc of the edge.

I didn't like the exposed top of the motor mount, so I covered it with a bit a sparkly mylar.

Before cutting
delta1.jpg

After cutting
delta2.jpg

Finished
delta3.jpg

Another view
delta4.jpg

Originally posted by jj94
How did you get the graphics on?

You can load the PDF file into CorelDraw or Photoshop and add your own graphics, it helps to be familiar with either program to pull it off.

Originally posted by jj94
I don't know how to use any of them.:eek: :p

The other option is to just draw on them with markers or whatever.

I plan to let my 2 year old son decorate some.

Back