Best Way to Fix Lifting Stickers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo3

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a problem that I am hoping the group can help me out with. I have an old Quest Star Trek Enterprise E rocket that I purchased used online a couple of years ago. When I put the self adhesive decals (stickers) on, some of them peeled back off as shown in the photos. Can anyone recommend a good way to stick them back down with something that will not dissolve the styrofoam?
499BC251-9A80-4CB9-AFF0-46D6234E7A39.jpegD71ABB8F-254D-4EE1-ABA3-7DBBE34D0636.jpeg

When I got it, I started putting on the stickers right away. When I was about half done I thought… “I should have scanned the decal sheet first in case I need to replace a decal.” It’s too late for that now though.

Thanks!

I had some Pursley skins that kept lifting at the edges, and had good luck using CA to tack them down. In your case, if you use foam-safe CA (e.g. Bob Smith SuperGold) I think you have a decent shot at making it work. SuperGold is expensive but great stuff, totally fume-free.

Thank you! I am going to pick up a glue stick and some foam safe CA and try them both out on this rocket. I will post my findings here for the community once I have some results.

BTW I have that same Quest rocket still in the plastic packaging and saw the stickers lifting up too. Have you launched it yet?
Not yet but I plan to once I get the stickers sorted out. My first impression is that the included chute is too small so I am planning to use a larger Mylar chute. I will post a launch report once I get it into the air.

Back