Arcas Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobtheshortstop

Reaction score
I'd like to start a thread of an Arcas Gallery! Show us your Arcas Rockets! Any and all sizes!

Here is my Proline Rocketry Full Scale Arcas flying on an Aerotech L900DM at LDRS 40. Flew to 8100 feet!

Let's see yours!!

I'd also like to thank Mike Turicik for these photos! They are from his nearly 500 image photo dump of LDRS 40!

Arcas-LDRS01.jpgArcas-LDRS02.jpgArcas-LDRS03.jpg

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I bought an Arcas kit K-26 from Estes. At the time, I thought I did an exceptional job building and painting it. My best friend and I walked down to the baseball field of the local elementary school to launch it. I think I used a C6-5. Back then photoflash batteries were expensive, so we used hobby store fuse to launch our rockets. The Arcas launched high in the sky, the 18" parachute popped out, and it floated away on the wind. This was in rural Cincinnati where there are large trees and woods everywhere. We took off in the woods in the last direction we saw the Arcas floating, but never found the rocket. It was a one and done and I guess I've never recovered from that disappointment, fifty years later.

Here is my Sparrow-HV Arcas lifting off in 8.18:1 scale.
This is a gap stage, 18mm BP in booster, 13mm in Arcas.
Second is the Reference photo I build this from.

Attachments

• Sparrow-Arcus_10jun21.jpg
    Sparrow-Arcus_10jun21.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 0
  • arcsparrowhvarcas2.jpg
    arcsparrowhvarcas2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back