Anyone have a Rocksim file for the BSD Thor 54?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
I've been considering buying one of the BSD Thor 54 rockets, and am not sure what motors I would be flying in it. The fields I have access to mainly only allow up to G motors, and since I'm not level 1 certified anyways, I'd need to downgrade from the 38mm motor mount to an 29mm. I wanted to sim it out and see what the results were before plunking down $80 for the kit only to find out my plan wouldn't work. :(

Closest file I've been able to find is for the Thor 38, or the 3" ones, not the 54 (which is 2.26").

Anyone have a lead on such a file?

I have no plans on using reloadable cases - only single use. I had figured F and smaller Gs (up to G80-ish), since I don't have level 1. I've only got access to one field that can handle more than G motors anyways (MDRA) but its nearly 3 hours away so I don't go there often.

Any reason you're not interested in reloads? Obviously the case costs upfront but the G loads are $11 less retail than AT single-use Gs. Doesn't take that many flights for the economics to make sense. The 29 hobbyline case goes on sale from several different vendors at different times in most years. It does make less sense for the NARHAMS field because the F loads are all hazmat shipping.

Just not really that into mid power stuff yet, and I'm hesitant to spend money on a case, then lose it, etc. As it is, I may look into a chute release so I can go a little higher and have a better chance of getting the new rocket I'm working on back. :) I guess there is the payback period issue and my not wanting to screw assembly up and look like a tard. :)

Back