Adding weight to nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsbhunter

Reaction score
Not looking for a definitive answer, but if I'm using a F40-7w in a (Madcow DX3 2.6" ) rocket, and I add 1 oz weight , is there a big loss of apogee height? I've tried using roc sim, but guys I'll be honest, I'm 69 years old and it's kicking my butt! Thanks for any replies....rsbhunter

Not looking for a definitive answer, but if I'm using a F40-7w in a (Madcow DX3 2.6" ) rocket, and I add 1 oz weight , is there a big loss of apogee height? I've tried using roc sim, but guys I'll be honest, I'm 69 years old and it's kicking my butt! Thanks for any replies....rsbhunter

For simple 3/4 FNC style rockets Thrustcurve is surprisingly accurate - I typically get TC results within 10% of what Open Rocket and altimeter readings show for conventional rockets.

I simmed it for you, with your total weight given in your post 24.3 oz. w/o motor and added 1 oz. nose weight. Simmed a few times getting around 815 ft. with extra oz. and 850ft. without extra oz. If delay is your concern, no problems with the 7 sec. delay.

I simmed it for you, with your total weight given in your post 24.3 oz. w/o motor and added 1 oz. nose weight. Simmed a few times getting around 815 ft. with extra oz. and 850ft. without extra oz. If delay is your concern, no problems with the 7 sec. delay.
Thank you rcknut. As I said, I'm trying to understand rocsim, but the options still lose me.. I appreciate the time you took to sim it ....rsbhunter

Back