2024 Tripoli Election of Directors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripoli Support

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The 2024 election of Tripoli directors is now underway.

We have seven candidates vying for three open seats on the board of directors. Eligible voting members have until June 1, 2024 to cast their online ballot. Election results will be announced during the annual meeting at LDRS, on June 8, 2024.

This year's candidates are Neal Baker, Ken Overton, Rick Maschek, Gary Dickinson, Debra Koloms, Christopher Nilsen, and Bryce Chanes.

You can learn more about these candidates, reviewing their resumes by logging in as a member at www.tripoli.org
Invitations to vote were emailed to active eligible members as of April 5, 2024. . If you did not receive yours, please follow the instructions on the Tripoli.org elections page.

Please be sure to read the resumes. Being on the BoD is not about flying rockets. It's about helping others, in one way or another, to fly rockets. I look for candidates who have clearly demonstrated their abilities in that direction.

It's a lot of work. Intensely rewarding work IMO, but work nonetheless. Choose candidates who can guide and drive TRA.

Please be sure to read the resumes. Being on the BoD is not about flying rockets. It's about helping others, in one way or another, to fly rockets. I look for candidates who have clearly demonstrated their abilities in that direction.

It's a lot of work. Intensely rewarding work IMO, but work nonetheless. Choose candidates who can guide and drive TRA.
Yes sir, I read every resumes. I believe I chose three people who care deeply, and are willing to work hard.

Very good advice!

Bill just sent out a reminder to vote. It arrived in my junk mail. [email protected] has not yet been added to my white list surprisingly......
So check your junk mail for those important notices sent from random email addresses.

Yes, the voting service provider is BigPulse.com. The specific From address changes.
So it's being sent out knowing that it will have a high junk mail filter hit and you're hoping for a good election response. The user specific voting link is in it and there is NO WAY to vote directly on the Tripoli website.

So if it gets junk filtered and missed by members, how can someone vote?

The main plan has a few holes in it.

What's the backup plan?

So it's being sent out knowing that it will have a high junk mail filter hit and you're hoping for a good election response. The user specific voting link is in it and there is NO WAY to vote directly on the Tripoli website.

So if it gets junk filtered and missed by members, how can someone vote?

The main plan has a few holes in it.

What's the backup plan?
I have no evidence...but I have doubts that the ballot going into the junk box is a serious issue when it comes to voting. "I don't know anyone who is running"***, or "I don't know enough about the issues", and just plain apathy may be more common reasons for not voting.

Generally, Tripoli members who are serious about voting will look for that ballot or get help.

***Don't know the candidates? That might be a good thing; you may be more objective!

This is exactly why I support Ken Overton. Prior to retirement, his spare time was largely devoted to Spaceport Cup for half the year. Now that he is retired and has more time on his hands, he wants to give back even more.

A democratic election has nothing to do with getting the right person in. It has to do with ensuring that every person who is eligible to vote gets the opportunity to do so.
In the same way as the laws of the legal system have nothing to do with justice, but are simply an application of a set of legal rules.

Last edited:
A democratic election has nothing to do with getting the right person in. It has to do with ensuring that every person who is eligible to vote gets the opportunity to do so.
In the same way as the laws of the legal system have nothing to do with justice, but are simply an application of a set of legal rules.
I have no idea why you are addressing this reply to me.

I first met Ken at SAC last year where he did an incredible job as event RSO. Then I got to talk with him more at BALLS where he was launching a 6" research APCP motor. Great guy! Very willing to share information.

Not a Tripoli member but I support Dr. Ken in general. He makes crazy big rockets with crazy small fins.
That work ! 😁

I greatly prefer to vote in the Tripoli board elections than elections for public officials.

I've never had to hold my nose and vote for TRA BoD.

Back