Searching for decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratos283

Reaction score
I have looked in all the places I know to look and can't get anywhere. I'm specifically looking for waterslide decals of current cartoon characters and the good ol' stars and stripes. Would like to do a generic rocket for the 4th of July. Does anyone know a source?

Thanks in advance,

Kelly

If you have the ability to print your own, you might try hitting up some of the free clip art sites. I find them to be a great source for decal elements.

FWIW

Decal makers don't want to get involved with producing unlicensed reproductions of copyrighted cartoon characters on decals for sale. No doubt you can understand why. You can probably get away with making some for your own use, but you should probably keep the rocket from being prominently displayed in a commercial publication. (Pictures in Photobucket, etc. may be OK, especially if you label the design as your own creation.) So if you can make them yourself, go ahead but use common sense.

MK

Slixx decals made a couple of cartoon characters for NASCAR models. I think you could probably score some on Ebay. I remember a Scooby Doo set and I think there was a Cartoon Network set. Best bet is to have Gordon or one of the other fine rocketry supporting gents (or gal) print you a one-off set.

one should be very carefull about which 'toons one picks especially if the pics are likely to get wide attention. Disney is VERY protective of their characters.
rex

one should be very carefull about which 'toons one picks especially if the pics are likely to get wide attention. Disney is VERY protective of their characters.
rex

Your right about Disney being draconian in matters like this. However if you are only using the decals for your own personal use in most instances it will not be a problem. They are more interested in people taking their artwork/ characters for unauthorized commercial use in most cases meaning for profit.

It looks like I will be using the adhesive-backed stickers from Wal-Mart then. Does anyone know if the added thickness of these type stickers will pose any kind of turbulence problems? Say I added ten or so 1"X1" adhesive-backed glossy paper stickers to a Baby Bertha body tube.

I checked on Ebay before posting the thread and the only waterslide decals I could get of the little fellow were to put on fingernails. I asked the lady if she could make them bigger but she has not returned my email.

OOOOOOOOOOOO...........who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Thanks,

Kelly

Back