RunCam Splits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kane

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a RunCam Split style camera just decide to sometimes record and sometimes not?
I am using a RunCam Split 3 Lite for onboard video. I am powering the camera with a 7.4V 430 mAh LiPo and switching with an Eggtimer Mini Switch.
The camera has 3 leads (black/red/yellow). Black/red connect to the Mini Switch. Black/yellow are for signal out (to a small monitor so I can adjust camera settings as needed).
1000007121.jpg
This started during testing. I was getting some corrupted MOV files showing as 0 bytes indicating the camera is not recording (despite showing video on the screen). I tried powering by bypassing the switch and got the same results. Some video files would work, some would not. There is a blue LED on the camera board that blinks when recording. It stays a solid blue when the camera runs and does not record. This seems to happen randomly, though more often than not it will show video and not record. I cannot isolate a cause.
I have the identical setup on another rocket and it works perfectly every time (image below).
1000007122.jpg

I have red in some RC and FPV forums of people having issues with split cameras that may be similar to this, but not exactly. No solutions though. I'm trying to figure out if this is just a faulty camera or if there's something else going on.

Any ideas?

Back