PF Stratologger CF Startup Issue(Continuous tone)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calkni

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am apart of a University team from Hickory, NC. After our last launch we noticed that our PF Stratologger CF, will only have a continuous tone upon startup(This tone would continue until the batteries would drain if we let it). Due to this, we cannot read data or check device settings.

Any and all advice on how to fix this issue will be very helpful,

Best regards,

Caleb Knight

Hello all, the PROG button could be broken, as I was trying to read data when this problem arose. How would I solve this, if this were to be the case? The wires that were attached to it when I was testing were the switch wires and the power wires, so, no, all other wires but power were not removed from it while I was testing it.

I have one that has done the same thing and finally just pitched it. There is no support, no way to get help, and a company of the past for active fliers. Ive moved on to other equally good products with excellent support when needed.

It does so
Hello all,

I am apart of a University team from Hickory, NC. After our last launch we noticed that our PF Stratologger CF, will only have a continuous tone upon startup(This tone would continue until the batteries would drain if we let it). Due to this, we cannot read data or check device settings.

Any and all advice on how to fix this issue will be very helpful,

Best regards,

Caleb Knight
It does sound like a defective PROG switch. Does it have a tactile feel when pressed, or does the button just not depress? If it has failed ON, then try to release the button with a sharp blade or pin to raise the button.

Alternatively, invert and tap the altimeter while powering up to see whether gravity releases the switch contacts. This is really grabbing at straws, but you need to determine whether it is the switch.

Another option is to desolder and remove the switch completely. If the CF still powers up with the constant beep, then there is something else that has failed. Have you tried contacting PerfectFlite?

If you know how to use a multimeter, see if you can measure the resistance across the switch, the leads are on the opposite side of the board.

I've had excellent service in the past with PerfectFlite. Sent them to him, and repaired for no charge other than shipping. You will probably lose your data tho.

It does so

It does sound like a defective PROG switch. Does it have a tactile feel when pressed, or does the button just not depress? If it has failed ON, then try to release the button with a sharp blade or pin to raise the button.

Alternatively, invert and tap the altimeter while powering up to see whether gravity releases the switch contacts. This is really grabbing at straws, but you need to determine whether it is the switch.

Another option is to desolder and remove the switch completely. If the CF still powers up with the constant beep, then there is something else that has failed. Have you tried contacting PerfectFlite?
Hello, thank you for your advice. It did have a tactile feel when pressed and I attempted your advice to solve the problem. Unfortunately as this is going on a competition rocket, we cannot modify the commercial altimeters past their factory default, or I would attempt your other solutions. I have not contacted PerfectFlite yet.

Back