My MEGA-NUK Arrived!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right on again. Thanks.
It pays to know what the max altitude of the vehicle will be, especially if it may exceed the constraints of an FAA Flight Waiver that has been granted for a specific location.
In other words: If you bust the Waiver, flight certification for what might have been a perfect attempt may become a mere nihilism in light of the consequences for doing so.

Originally posted by rstaff3
...For instance, the columns on the display window key solely on motor ejection, but the sim doesn't really account for a chute being deployed until your event fires. That would explain what I saw.

Well, I stand by my description of how Rsim works when there is only motor ejection, but now think the stuff about it working differently from place to place may be all wet. I just saw a sim for a rocket that has deployment events set and still has engine delays inserted. In this case, the velocity and altitude at deployment columns in the sim have asterisks. The optimal delay is still computed. See the SA5 at EMRR:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/cgi-bin/rocksim/rocksim.cgi?new&&whatsnew

So, I think either Phil has a problem in his events set-up or there really is a bug.

Back