July 4th rocket sales - 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarYellow

Basket of deployables.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does Estes usually do a good promo for July 4th on non-fireworks? I'm sitting on a big order and hoping they have a discount code that will stack on launch2023 and also get me free shipping. I'm well over the $100 threshold, but due to the order being large tubes and nose cones, the free shipping doesn't kick in when I go to the checkout stage.

I tried to stack a discount code (in_321) on my last order, and their new website wouldn't let me.

They haven't mentioned any upcoming sales on their social media pages, and with the fourth one week away it seems doubtful that they have a sale planned.. hopefully I'm wrong because I need some more kits to build.

I'm well over the $100 threshold, but due to the order being large tubes and nose cones, the free shipping doesn't kick in when I go to the checkout stage.
That's odd. I just tested with only tubes and nose cones, and it did kick in for me.
I tried to stack a discount code (in_321) on my last order, and their new website wouldn't let me.
I think they stopped allowing coupons to stack on top of sales this year. in_321 works outside of sales.

Unfortunately even though I've not used launch2023, Estes website thinks I have, perhaps because I applied it in the past to check pricing, even though I never checked out with it. (Edit: was wrong; used it in January.) I guess no big Estes deals for me this year (or I could use a different email I suppose).

Last edited:
Unfortunately even though I've not used launch2023, Estes website thinks I have, perhaps because I applied it in the past to check pricing, even though I never checked out with it. I guess no big Estes deals for me this year (or I could use a different email I suppose).
I should have said "no more big Estes deals." I got in on the nearly free DBRM sale, so I shouldn't grouse.

Edit: and I did just find an order from January where I used launch2023. So I was wrong about that anyway.

With PSII parts that Estes is moving away from, I'm ordering while they are available to order. Not waiting for Black Friday.

Maybe it's the quantity of parts, leading to total package size. I have 14 tubes from 2 to 3 inches and 6 nose cones.

The new Estes site fixed a glitch. On the old site, if the original order price was >$50, you got the free shipping even when a coupon code hacked the total well below $50. Now, I had to bump the after-discount order up to >$100. I was at like $98.## after launch2023 and no free shipping love. Added a coupler to get over $100 and there's the free ship.

Latest posts

Back