ID Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly guys been building and launching since I was a kid. I have never seen such a poorly engineered rocket with a shoddy build. Trust me I’m no expert, but wow. Spheres for no reason?

Yes I knew who he was. 🙂 Did not know about the spherical tanks. I appreciate all of the information. Thank you! BTW the tanks are gone.

We got it all the way to production but life intervened. However, we still plan on releasing both the LPR and MPR versions.

View attachment 634952
View attachment 634951
That's pretty cool. Like your others, unique.
BTW, I got my L1 on a King Kraken. Have Bucky Jones too. Everyone loves to see them fly at our Club launches. The Kraken particularly flies really well.

I noticed that for awhile now your site has said nothing is available to order. Are you in production or are kits coming soon?

Attachments

• IMG_20230328_203605_kindlephoto-801863706.jpg
    IMG_20230328_203605_kindlephoto-801863706.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 0
So the rocket got pounded for about 24 hrs plus some light rain. It was very damaged. No appropriate shock cord. The hemp cord ripped the fuslage. Actually I should have tossed it. I had to get it off a powerline.

BTW, I got my L1 on a King Kraken. Have Bucky Jones too. Everyone loves to see them fly at our Club launches. The Kraken particularly flies really well.

I noticed that for awhile now your site has said nothing is available to order. Are you in production or are kits coming soon?

We are trying to gear up for production again. Still knee deep in new Destruction manuals, and organizing the shop. Plus we just got a 3D printer to produce custom parts. Will have to get that up and running soon.

Dude! What fantastic work on Bucky and the KK! Love the Kraken decal.
What is that wonderful steampunk rocket on the right? Think I drooled a bit...

Dude! What fantastic work on Bucky and the KK! Love the Kraken decal.
What is that wonderful steampunk rocket on the right? Think I drooled a bit...
Thanks. The Kraken decal is basically a squid I altered a bit to be more Kraken like. The small yellow eyes on it were a good touch. Had Sticker shock make it up. Don't know if you noticed, but I used some spare bits and made a micro Kraken on the stand next to it.😂

The Steam Punk is an Apogee Flying Machine. Boosters separate in flight. Another crowd pleaser. Apogee put some pics of it on their page: https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket-Kits/Skill-Level-4-Model-Rocket-Kits/Flying-Machine. Lots of rivets, but it goes faster than you'd think.

Good luck getting back into production. Love your designs. A few folks in my club are wanting some Krakens, so I know you'll have customers once the word gets out.

Back