Hello!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I don't have a rocket of my own yet, I was actually hoping to find some recommendations about that while I'm here. :)
I'm a huge fan of actual space travel so I'm planning to try and eventually build a working replica of a Falcon 9 or Starship, but I'll probably start with something simpler first.

There are many factors to influence what you start out with, but for recommendations, it would be helpful to have a little bit of background.

Things like: Any modelling or relevant building experience, are there any limitations to be considered, will you fly alone or look for a club and if alone, how big of a field will you have to fly in?

Personally, I would recommend perusing the websites of rocketry vendors to see what tickles your fancy. Then start narrowing those down based on flight or building limitations. The TRF Sponsor Directory is a good place to start browsing. The list isn't comprehensive, so if you see something you like, ask for similar recommendations.

But first, I would recommend looking through the websites of the National Association of Rocketry and Tripoli Rocketry Association to see if either has a group nearby that you could visit.

I'll be sure to check out those resources, thanks. I do have some experience building other stuff, some robotics, electronics, micro-controllers, and 3d printing that I thought might all go well together with rocketry. The only rocket I've flown before was from a hobby shop several years back.

Back