Hello from Calgary, Canada!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kavy8

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Been lurking here for the last few years due to being a part of my university rocket team and being a propulsion lead developing our 3rd hybrid rocket motor for about the last 2 of those years. We are hoping to launch it at the Launch Canada Competition in August, I hope to remember to post some updates! I am graduating from mechanical engineering in May and decided I wasn't ready to leave building rockets behind, so I am aiming to do my L1 in April at one of our local HPR launches. I look forward to learning from all of you on the more practical side of building rockets that aren't unnecessarily complicated!!

Welcome aboard.

I visited Calgary in winter '91. I really liked the place and thought it wold be a good place to live. Just the vibe I got 🙂.
I love it here! Was born and raised, grew up on a farm just south of the city before moving into the city for university!

Also I believe we may have crossed paths before! I think I saw in an old post that you were the mentor/FOR for USydney at last years IREC/SAC? If so, we were staying in the same section of the dorms at the local college as your team! The Aussie’s cleaned up last year, and Sydney’s rocket was the most beautiful solid out of the whole competition I must say!

Thanks for your kind words on the USYD team. They will appreciate it. Yes, I am their mentor. Last year we stayed in some airbnb properties for Spaceport, so you might have you teams crossed up a little.

Good luck with your L1 :) .

Welcome!

We might have met in Cochrane.. I'm on the LC board: judging & was the recovery lead
Unfortunately, we had to pull out of LC last year due to a structural failure of our nosecone at SAC which pulled our chutes out near the end of the burn. But I am sure we will meet this year! I am very excited about LC, so much so I am delaying starting any full-time jobs until September even though I will be graduating in May. The competition (and rebuilding a motorcycle) is my focus this summer.

Back